Deck Equipment (SMST) Operator
Acta Marine is looking for a Deck Equipment (SMST) Operator to join our team onboard our Construction Support Vessels.
As a DEO you ensure that assigned equipment is used in an optimal technical manner in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Assist in all deck activities with deck crew in close consultation with the Chief Mate and Chief Engineer. Activities such as: Painting; Crane activities; Welding and Cutting; Housekeeping and Cleaning; Maintenance deck machinery; Mooring and anchoring operations; Maintain stock levels deck stores; Sea fastening.
• Assist client and subcontractors when needed on close consultation with bridge and engine room team.
• Work in line with the QHSSE Policy of Acta Marine.
• Responsible for the operation of the mission equipment on board the vessel; such as W2W gangways and offshore cranes
Who are we looking for?
• Offshore Crane Operator stage 3
• SMST TAB-L Certificate
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills / Experience with client personnel on board the vessel is a pro. • QHSSE ambassador.
• Team player, striving towards the common goal.
• Quality focus & continuos improvement.
• Basic Computer Skills
• Basic Safety Training (medical included)
• Rating deck COC II/4 (preferable)
• Experience at sea (preferable)
• Good communication skills in English;
• The right to work and live in the EU.
What do we offer?
• A challenging and dynamic position onboard a state-of-the-art CSV.
• A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
• Competitive compensation package.
Will you be our new colleague?
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new Deck Equipment (SMST) Operator? Please apply via this LinkedIn link and attach your CV for us.
After a CV-selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). At last the final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact us via +31 (0)88 03 20 900.