Acta Marine is growing!
Our Construction Support Vessels are DP2 Construction Support and Walk to Work Vessels work for prestigious clients in the Offshore Wind Industry. Acta Orion, built in 2015, Acta Auriga, built in 2018 have added great value to the industry, not only because of their high working capacity during winter time at the North Sea, but also due to our highly skilled and motivated crew. In April 2019 we are proud to add Acta Centaurus as the third vessel to our modern fleet.
Due to this expansion of our fleet, Acta Marine is looking for a high-caliber Second Engineer to join our team onboard our Construction Support Vessels.
As a Second Engineer you are responsible to make sure that the assigned equipment is used in such a manner that optimal production is achieved in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
- A challenging and dynamic position onboard a state-of-the-art CSV.
- A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package.
- End responsible for the Engine Room watch and supervise and to motivate the technical crew of the watch.
- Maintain the efficiency of the planned maintenance system and maintenance and repair jobs of the main and axillaries equipment in cooperation with the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain the safety and environmental regulations on board as well the maintenance of the safety equipment. (e.g. ISM & ISPS).
- Optimizing of the production and the continuity of the vessel.
- Maintains contact with the Chief Officer regarding all relevant activities during the watch
Who are we looking for?
- Chief Engineer Unlimited Dutch COC;
- Minimum of 3 years’ Diesel Electric and DP experience as Second Engineer;
- Valid STCW certificates. DP Maintenance and Marine High Voltage courses included;
- Experience with mission equipment such as W2W gangways and motion compensated offshore cranes is a pro).
- Experience with Planned Maintenance System, DNV-GL is a pro;
- Strong interpersonal skills / Experience with client personnel on board the vessel is a pro.
- QHSSE ambassador.
- Team player, striving towards the common goal.
- Quality focus & continuos improvement.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Dutch and English.
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new Second Engineer? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page.
Acta Marine is currently only hiring crew with Dutch Certificate of Competence.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Monica Milcoveanu at: email@example.com or T: +31 880320986.