Acta Marine seeks an excellent Vessel Superintendent for our DP2 construction support vessel to deliver the most effective and efficient ship management service in full alignment with objectives and work culture of the organization.
As a Vessel Superintendent, you will report to the General Manager Operations Offshore based at our Rotterdam office. You will be part of a highly-engaged team with ambitious business targets. Our focus is to deliver excellent in-field logistics-, walk-to-work- and offshore accommodation-services for the offshore wind industry. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a result driven mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance.
This position is a unique opportunity for a pro-active individual who will support us in building a culture of operational excellence and craftsmanship across the fleet.
- The opportunity to become part of an ambitious team with a dedicated portfolio of vessels;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- An international work environment and the possibility to work at places where our vessels are deployed;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic business environment;
- Competitive compensation package.
- Responsible for daily ship management of vessels assigned;
- Ensure charterers requirements are implemented correctly at start project;
- Responsible for cost control on ship management budget and explaining to Management any significant deviations from budgets for vessels under responsibility;
- Prepare financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry-dockings for vessels under responsibility;
- Plan and coordinate inspection and execution of dry-docking for the vessels;
- Ensure timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters at all times;
- Visit vessels and prepare inspection reports on vessels under responsibility;
- Ensure QHSSE is top priority in all vessel operations;
- Assisting with investigating of any Marine related accidents or incidents and preparing reports in conjunction with QHSSE Manager;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are maintained;
- Follow-up on the performance of the vessels and for arranging corrective actions to be carried out when necessary;
- Give advice during selecting new officers and crew on board vessels;
- Conduct performance appraisals for Masters and Chief Engineers serving onboard vessels;
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies, and that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient (critical) spares are carried;
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements;
- Ensure that the fleets? DP equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at all times;
- Attend Annual DP Trials & FMEA audits as required;
- Ensure that CMIDs, OVIDs etc. are carried out;
- Monitor the performance of sub-contractor’s services provided to vessel operations (e.g. consumables, catering, gangway) and liaising with sub-contractor to report, discuss and implement any corrective actions considered necessary.
Who are we looking for:
- Bachelor of Maritime Operations or equivalent;
- Experience as Marine Engineer;
- At lease 3-5 years of relevant shore based experience;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Preventive Maintenance systems;
- Experience with preparing, tendering and executing vessel dry-dockings and/or repairs;
- Demonstrated knowledge hydraulics, electro and DP systems;
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards such as ISM, ISPS, MARPOL and ISO 9001:
- Open for travelling and working abroad.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed, holding a positive and professional attitude within the work place environment;
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Understand and accept the importance of cost effectiveness.
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of Vessel Superintendent? Please apply through the buttons below or send your application letter including your CV and cover letter to: HR@actamarine.com
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Lilianne Iddink, HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: +31 880320900
Acta Marine is owner and operator of over forty different coastal and offshore support vessels. We support clients in de construction and dredging industry, the offshore oil & gas and increasingly in the offshore renewables and aquaculture markets. Our vessels operate primarily in Europe, The Middle East, the Caspian Sea and Africa.
Acta Marine has extensive experience operating in coastal and shallow waters with a large fleet of DP multicast, tugs and support vessels, and is expanding its activities in offshore wind farm construction and operational support with DP2 walk to work and crew transfer vessels. Based on our solid track record and diverse maritime experience, we are committed to offer our clients the best and most effective solutions.
Acta Marine is a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook. Professional, responsible, smart and passionate are characteristics which are typical for all the 185 Acta Marine professionals who are the core of our business success!
By engaging highly motivated and qualified employees, Acta Marine maintains her position as leading operator of coastal and offshore support vessels. We offer opportunities to professionals with at least 3 years of working experience. Joining Acta Marine means becoming part of a highly ambitious team, in a company with an open and engaging company culture and lots of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Acta Marine has offices in Rotterdam, Den Helder and Dubai.