Acta Marine seeks an excellent Technical Buyer in order to meet ever changing procurement demands. The Technical Buyer position requires tactical execution of sourcing strategies aligned with established business requirements. Additionally, the position supports the implementation of sourcing strategies to achieve lowest total costs and quality improvement as well as contract negotiations. As a Technical Buyer you will report to the Manager Procurement & Logistics based at our Den Helder Office.
- The opportunity to become part of an ambitious team with a dedicated portfolio of vessels;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- An international work environment and the possibility to work at supplier locations for assessments
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic business environment;
- Competitive compensation package.
- Responsible for the procurement of consumables, equipment, parts, tools and services
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Provide advice and awareness for other departments regarding procurement processes and procedures
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- To determine the needs of the various departments within our organization and make quotation requests from (potential) suppliers
- To provide price indications of materials to be supplied for the purpose of compiling proposals by other departments
- To assess offers and make recommendations to the budget holder
- Ensure operational needs are met, taking in to account price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase order and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- You ensure the correct follow-up and settlement on rejection, penalty clauses and warranty claims
- In addition to purchasing, you make strategic agreements with the suppliers and you continue to evaluate these
- You provide advice on select strategically important suppliers that fit within the quality and economic policy of the organization
- Maintain close relationship with all suppliers and concentrate on suppliers who have a major impact on Acta Marine
- Assists with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
- Fulfill supplier assessments (on location) if required
- You carry out independent research into new purchasing markets
- Monitoring market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers. Collaborating with Manager P&L regarding best course of action.
- You ensure correct input of data into the system
- Deliver input on an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process
Who are we looking for
- HBO level by education or experience, preferably mechanical or electric specialization plus NEVI 1 and 2, or equal
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as technical buyer
- Fluent in English and Dutch, German would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and other MS-office applications
- Open for travelling and working abroad.
- Strong negotiations skills
- Customer focus
- Strong mindset to assist the organizational goals
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good business writing skills
- Helicopter view
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of Technical Buyer? Please apply through our website via the form below.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Alex Blanken, Manager Procurement and Logistics at: email@example.com or T: +31 880320900