Second Officer / DPO / Location Rotterdam
Our Construction Support Vessels are DP2 Construction Support and Walk to Work Vessels work for prestigious clients in the Offshore Wind Industry. Acta Orion, built in 2015, Acta Auriga, built in 2018 and Acta Centaurus, built in 2019 have added great value to the industry, not only because of their high working capacity during winter time at the North Sea, but also due to our highly skilled and motivated crew. In April 2019 we are proud to add Acta Centaurus as the third vessel to our modern fleet.
At present, Acta Marine is looking for a high-caliber Second Officer / DPO to join our team onboard our Construction Support Vessels.
As a Second Officer / DPO you are responsible to make sure that the assigned equipment is used in such a manner that optimal production is achieved in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
- Maintain sailing in a safe, maritime correct/responsible and environmental friendly way during the watch.
- Training and education of other crew members.
- Implementation and execution of the Acta Marine Integrated Management System.
- Responsible for the testing and maintenance of all safety and lifesaving equipment.
- Acting as safety officer and chairman of safety committee.
- Optimizing of the production and the continuity of the vessel.
- Communication with the client representatives.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Certification according relevant STCW Code and Flag state regulations.
- Up to date Dynamic Positioning Operators certificate, valid for offshore unlimited (at least DP2 vessels).
- Knowledge of codes and marine standards (e.g. ISM/ISPS/MLC).
- Strong interpersonal skills / Experience with client personnel on board the vessel is a pro.
- QHSSE ambassador.
- Team player, striving towards the common goal.
- Quality focus & continuos improvement.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Dutch and English.
- A challenging and dynamic position onboard a state-of-the-art CSV.
- A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package.
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new Second Officer? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page.
Acta Marine is currently only hiring crew with Dutch Certificate of Competence.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Monica Milcoveanu, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: +31 880320928.
Acta Marine is owner and operator of over forty different coastal and offshore support vessels. We support clients in the construction and dredging industry, the Offshore Oil & Gas and increasingly in the Offshore renewables and aquaculture markets. Our vessels operate primarily in Europe, The Middle-East, the Caspian Sea and Africa.
Acta Marine has extensive experience operating in coastal and shallow waters with a large fleet of DP multicats, tugs and support vessels, and is expanding its activities in Offshore Wind Farm construction and operational support with DP2 Walk to Work and Crew Transfer Vessels. Based on our solid track record and various maritime experience, we are committed to offer our clients the best and most effective solutions.
Acta Marine is a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook. Our Values: Collaboration, Accountability, Reliability and Expertise, govern how Acta Marine conducts business and engages with customers, colleagues, suppliers and the community.
By engaging highly motivated and qualified employees, Acta Marine maintains her position as leading operator of coastal and offshore support vessels. We offer opportunities to professionals with at least 3 years of working experience. Joining Acta Marine means becoming part of a highly ambitious team, in a company with an open and engaging company culture and lots of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Acta Marine has offices in Rotterdam, Den Helder and Dubai.