Technical Superintendent/ Location Den Helder
Acta Marine seeks an excellent Technical Superintendent to manage her vessels around the globe.
As a technical superintendent you will be part of a highly engaged team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a result driven mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance.
This position is an unique opportunity for a pro-active individual who will support us in building a culture of technical excellence and craftmanship across the fleet.
- The opportunity to become part of an ambitious team with a dedicated portfolio of vessels;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- An international work environment and the possibility to work at places where our vessels are deployed;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic business environment;
- Competitive compensation package.
- Planning and executing the maintenance and repairs of Acta Marine Vessels;
- Manage financial budget and cost control for maintenance, repairs, modification, and dry docking while ensuring compliance with class;
- Visit the assigned vessels on a regular basis to ensure that the standard of the maintenance and repairs are in accordance with the company maintenance policy;
- Report to the operations coordinator any malpractice by crew with regard to operational, QHSSE and maintenance procedures;
- Ensure maintenance of quality control and cost effectiveness of all vessels;
- Ensure that adequate physical and manpower resources exist to handle all the work such as maintenance & repair and dry docking;
- Arrange local supply contracts and arrangements to ensure continuity within the operating budget as locally agreed;
- Supervise sub-contractors working on the company’s vessels and equipment on site;
- Maintain a continuous record of maintenance and repairs in de Planned Maintenance System;
- Maintaining all relevant technical documentation of the assigned vessels in the planned maintenance system;
- Advising and supporting on technical topics in case of new-build projects;
- Ensure all operations are conducted in accordance with company procedures and safety requirements;
- Carry out internal Audits along with the QHSE team;
- Ensure that all assigned vessels certifications and surveys for class, flag state and international requirements are in order.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Engineering / Marine degree or related courses (Marof)
- Preferably experience as 1st or 2nd engineer on seagoing vessels and/or in ship repair / ship management
- At lease 3-5 years of relevant shore-based experience
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ISM code / PMS
- Demonstrated knowledge of Diesel engines, electrics, and hydraulics.
- Experienced with working with different cultures
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed, holding a positive and professional attitude within the work place environment;
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English and preferably also German;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Well-structured and cost aware;
- Open for frequent travelling and working abroad.
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of Technical Superintendent? You can apply through our website using the buttons below.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Kees Eeltink, Manager Technical Department, at: +31 88 0 320 900 or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.
Acta Marine is owner and operator of over forty different coastal and offshore support vessels. We support clients in the construction and dredging industry, the Offshore Oil & Gas and increasingly in the Offshore renewables and aquaculture markets. Our vessels operate primarily in Europe, The Middle-East, the Caspian Sea and Africa.
Acta Marine has extensive experience operating in coastal and shallow waters with a large fleet of DP multicats, tugs and support vessels, and is expanding its activities in Offshore Wind Farm construction and operational support with DP2 Walk to Work and Crew Transfer Vessels. Based on our solid track record and various maritime experience, we are committed to offer our clients the best and most effective solutions.
Acta Marine is a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook. Our Values: Collaboration, Accountability, Reliability and Expertise, govern how Acta Marine conducts business and engages with customers, colleagues, suppliers and the community.
By engaging highly motivated and qualified employees, Acta Marine maintains her position as leading operator of coastal and offshore support vessels. We offer opportunities to professionals with at least 3 years of working experience. Joining Acta Marine means becoming part of a highly ambitious team, in a company with an open and engaging company culture and lots of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Acta Marine has offices in Rotterdam, Den Helder.