Acta Marine Established in 1970, Acta Marine works in a broad scope of maritime sectors. Our background is in shallow water projects, but in these four decades we have developed our skills to include a variety of tailor-made services for clients working throughout the maritime sector. We operate globally; supporting clients in three main areas. Coastal Infrastructure, which comprises dredging, coastal defense, port and marine construction and aquaculture. Offshore Wind industries, emerging renewable energy markets, and the Oil & Gas industry.
At Acta Marine we are looking for a Business Controller to join our French team to oversee the business and financial operations and shares responsibility for the organization’s economic and financial performance.
As Business Controller you oversee periodic financial and non-financial reporting, perform (financial) analysis, are accountable for the financial planning processes and investment proposals, and design and help implement overall business plans. The business controller transfers data into information and uses information to monitor and improve the performance of the company by applying detailed business knowledge, strong analytical and communication skills and modern BI tools. The Business Controller works closely with the management team and with the company’s chartered accountant, and plays a key role in supporting the business goals.
You will be part of a highly motivated and experienced team based in Montoir-de-Bretagne. Acta Marine’s ambition is to grow in the renewable markets. At this moment we have signed for 4 new walk-to-work vessels. The Business Controller will actively support this growth by ensuring that the financial reporting and budget follow internal and external guidelines and accounting principles. This position will allow you to further develop your personal and professional skills in an engaging and international working environment.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and dynamic position in the maritime and renewable industry
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook
- An International working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of a newly established business unit and get a high degree of personal responsibility
- Competitive compensation package.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Assist with long term plans and give financial analysis and advice;
- Support the management team by ensuring course of actions are based on viable numbers and sound financial advice;
- Analyze complex business topics e.g.: gross margin analysis, cost control, investment proposals and cash flow forecasts.;
- Supports the business and our customers with setting up the upcoming ESG reporting;
- Develop and optimize financial procedures in collaboration with management team and chartered accountant;
- Produce required financial reporting (monthly, quarterly and yearly) in collaboration with management team and chartered accountant;
- Coordinate financial planning process;
- Reviews bank payments and bank reconciliation;
- Aid achieving operational targets by giving insight in financial and non-financial data.
Who are we looking for?
- BSC / BA in business economics, accountancy, in business administration or controlling. MSc preferred;
- At least 3- 5 years’ experience relating to an accountant’s office or financial department;
- Knowledge and experience in working independently with companies administration data analysis and controllers tasks;
- Excellent oral and written Business communications skills in English and French.
- Strong natural curiosity to understand the company’s business and the world;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- A true interest in ESG and ESG reporting developments;
- Superior mathematical skills and great level of attention to detail, accuracy and structure;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and preferably experienced with modern BI tools;
- Pro-active and self-starter;
- Super Strong excel and MS office skills;
- Customer focus.
Will you be our new colleague?
Are you excited to join our company and do you have what it takes to be our new Business Controller in France? Please apply via the Linkedin button and attach your motivation letter and CV for us. After a CV-selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). At last the final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us. Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact us via +31 (0)88 03 20 900.
Apply for Business Controller