Acta Marine is experiencing significant growth with the expansion of our current fleet to a total of 7 state-of-the-art vessels, equipped with the latest technologies to minimize CO-2 emissions. All of this is aimed at contributing to a sustainable living environment for both the present and the future. To support this growth, we are looking for a Vessel Superintendent to join our French team and supervise marine operations and maintenance & repair of our newbuilt vessels.
As a Vessel Superintendent, you will report to the General Manager Operations. As part of a highly engaged team based in Montoir-de-Bretagne, you will deliver the most effective and efficient ship management service in full alignment with the objectives and work culture of Acta Marine.
The Vessel Superintendent will actively support this growth by ensuring that the QHSSE policy is a priority onboard and that our vessels execute marine operations successfully for our customers. This position will allow you to further develop your personal and professional skills in an engaging and international working environment.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and dynamic position in the maritime and renewable industry
- A position at a financially sound family-owned business with a long-term outlook
- An international working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of a newly established business unit and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package. What are the key responsibilities?
- Responsible for daily ship management of vessels assigned
- Ensure charterers requirements are implemented correctly at the start of the project
- Responsible for cost control on ship management budget
- Prepare financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry dockings for vessels under responsibility
- Plan and coordinate inspection and execution of dry docking for the vessels
- Ensure timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters at all times
- Visit vessels and prepare inspection reports on vessels under responsibility
- Ensure QHSSE is top priority in all vessel operations
- Assisting with investigating of any Marine related accidents or incidents and preparing reports and necessary corrective action plan in conjunction with QHSSE Manager
- Ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are maintained
- Follow-up on the performance of the vessels and for arranging corrective actions to be carried out when necessary
- Conduct performance appraisals for Masters and Chief Engineers serving onboard vessels
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Maritime Operations or equivalent
- Experience as Marine Engineer will be an added value
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Preventive Maintenance systems
- Experience with preparing, tendering and executing vessel dry-dockings and/or repairs
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electro and DP systems will be an added value
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards such as ISM, ISPS, MARPOL and ISO 9001
- open for travelling and working abroad.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed, holding a positive and professional attitude within the workplace environment
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills in both French and English · Strong planning and organization skills
- Understand and accept the importance of cost effectiveness
Will you be our new colleague?
Are you excited to join our company and do you have what it takes to be our new Business Controller in France? Please apply via the Linkedin button and attach your motivation letter and CV for us.
After a CV-selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test).
At last the final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us. Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact us via +31 (0)88 03 20 900.
Apply for Vessel Superintendent