Acta Marine is experiencing significant growth. With the expansion of our current fleet to a total of 7 state-of-the-art vessels, equipped with the latest technologies to minimize CO-2 emissions. All of this is aimed at contributing to a sustainable living environment for both the present and the future.
To support this growth, we are looking for a Maritime Recruiter to join our team in Rotterdam.
As a Maritime Recruiter you will be part of the HR team and act as an internal service provider to the Crewing Department by sourcing the best Seafarer candidates in the market, while establishing a recognizable Employer or Choice reputation in the labour market.
- Liaise with the Crewing Manager on the future needs for manpower planning of the company’s Construction Support Vessels, in order to prepare a short and long term recruitment plan
- Manage and drive the Crewing recruitment strategies
- Assist in improving the company’s recruitment page
- Draft vacancy profiles, post vacancies, pre-screen CV’s , conduct job- and candidate surveys and present shortlists to the Crewing Manager
- Conduct 1st interviews in consultation with the Crewing Manager
- Monitor and coordinate the progress of the recruitment process
- Monitor, track and adequately manage the recruitment database, ensuring continuous updated administration
- Develop a professional candidate pool of suitably qualified candidates for seafarers
- Undertake employer branding and recruitment activities in order to attract candidates
- Research and develop (international) sourcing strategies
- Support in establishing and maintaining a global network of preferred manpower suppliers
- Provide monthly management information on vacancies of seafarers and lead time of search and hiring procedures
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working level
- 3-5 years proven experience in a similar position within the shipping industry;
- Knowledge of STCW
- Good written and verbal language skills in Dutch and English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications and HR/Recruitment software (AFAS)
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic operational environment
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed with a constructive and professional attitude
After a CV selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). The final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us.
Apply for Maritime Recruiter