For the location Den Helder we are looking for a Superintendent (m/f).
The Superintendent is responsible for planning and executing maintenance and repairs of the vessels to make sure all Acta Marine vessels are permanently well maintained, and all relevant documentation is compliant with local laws.
The Superintendent has to deliver the most effective and efficient ship management services in full alignment with objectives and work culture of the organization.
- responsible for daily ship management of vessels assigned;
- ensure charterers requirements are implemented correctly at start project;
- responsible for cost control on ship management budget and explaining to Management any significant deviations from budgets for vessels under responsibility;
- prepare financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry-dockings for vessels under responsibility;
- plan and coordinate inspection and execution of dry-docking for the vessels;
- ensure timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters at all times;
- ensure that reporting is effective in the CMMS;
- visit vessels and prepare inspection reports on vessels under responsibility;
- ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are maintained;
- ensure sufficient (critical) spares are carried;
- ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements;
- ensure that the fleets? DP equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at all times.
- at lease 5-10 years of relevant shore based experience;
- bachelor of Maritime Operations or equivalent;
- experience as Marine Engineer;
- experience with implementing and maintaining Preventive Maintenance systems;
- experience with preparing, tendering and executing vessel dry-dockings and/or repairs;
- demonstrated knowledge hydraulics, electro and DP systems;
- technical and regulatory knowledge of the maritime environment required;
- knowledge of national and international regulations;
- knowledge of Codes and Standards such as ISM, ISPS, MARPOL and ISO 9001;
- strong knowledge of MS Excel and other MS-office applications;
- fluent in English and Dutch spoken and written;
- open for travelling and working abroad.
- a stable position at a financially sound family-owned business with a long-term outlook;
- a contract of 40-hours per week;
- opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- competitive compensation package.
Will you be our new colleague?
After a CV selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). The final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us. Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Sahira Janzen (Sr. HR Advisor) via +31 (0)88 03 20 955.
Apply for Superintendent