Due to the expansion of our fleet, from three to seven vessels, we are looking for a Technical Buyer. The purpose of this position is to create and align sourcing strategies with our business goals. The aim of the Technical Buyer is to achieve the best price to quality ratio, timely delivery, the best terms & conditions and to focus on (internal) customer satisfaction. The current Procurement & Logistics team consists of two operational buyers, a technical buyer and two employees Logistics.
- to determine the needs of the various departments within our organization and make quotation requests from (potential) suppliers;
- to assess offers and make recommendations to the budget holder;
- to ensure operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply;
- to contract the selected supplier, using category management for the selection of the strategic suppliers, including all commercial and logistical agreement;
- to use the ERP-system and make proposals for improvement;
- responsible for the procurement of consumables, equipment, parts, tools, and services;
- to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase order and report and follow-up any back-ordered or missing products;
- to cooperate with the colleagues of Logistics regarding quality, delivery, and shipping of supplies to the vessels;
- to ensure the correct follow-up and settlement on rejection, penalty clauses and warranty claims;
- to provide advice and awareness for other departments regarding procurement processes and procedures;
- to fulfill supplier assessments (on location) if required.
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as technical buyer / proven experience as a technical buyer;
- proven commercial and mechanical/electrical knowledge and experience as a technical buyer; NEVI 1 or 2 is a plus;
- strategic thinking, creating alliances with strategic partners, creating a competitive position in the market;
- Experience in the maritime sector is a plus;
- strong knowledge of MS Excel and other MS-office applications;
- fluent in English and Dutch.
- A stable position at a financially sound family-owned business with a long-term outlook;
- A contract of 36 – 40 hours per week;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- Competitive compensation package.
Will you be our new colleague?
After a CV selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). The final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact us via +31 (0)88 03 20 900.
Apply for Technical Buyer