Acta Marine stablished in 1970, Acta Marine works in a broad scope of maritime sectors. Our background is in shallow water projects, but in these four decades we have developed our skills to include a variety of tailor-made services for clients working throughout the maritime sector. We operate globally; supporting clients in three main areas. Coastal Infrastructure, which comprises dredging, coastal defense, port and marine construction and aquaculture. Offshore Wind industries, emerging renewable energy markets, and the Oil & Gas industry.
At Acta Marine we are looking for a QHSSE Manager to join our French team to set tactical and operational framework regarding matters relating to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (QHSSE).
As QHSSE Manager, you ensure that the corporate QHSE policy is implemented. The QHSSE Manager acts as a facilitator for annual management reviews and monitors compliance within the organization. He or she is accountable for the implementation of the corporate Acta Marine Integrated Management System (IMS) and ensures compliance with related policies at all levels within the organization.
You will be part of a highly motivated and experienced team based in Montoire-de-Bretagne. Acta Marine’s ambition is to grow in the renewable markets. At this moment we have signed for 4 new walk-to-work vessels. The QHSSE manager will actively support this growth by ensuring that the QHSSE policy is continuously improving and 100% compliant with applicable QHSSE laws and regulations. This position will allow you to further develop your personal and professional skills in an engaging and international working environment.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and dynamic position in the maritime and renewable industry
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook
- An International working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of a newly established business unit and get a high degree of personal responsibility
- Competitive compensation package.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Delivers on monthly basis data for the corporate QHSSE KPI’s;
- Design and implement Acta Marine France’s Integrated Management System;
- Be a focal point for the flag and classification societies with regards to the subjects ISM, ISPS and MLC;
- Act as CSO (Company Security Officer) and DPA (Designated Person Ashore);
- Plan and coordinate audits in the area of expertise QHSSE;
- Investigate incidents, accidents and near misses and initiate actions where necessary,
- Ensure relevant emergency response initiatives have been taken and proper exercises are organized;
- Carry out analysis of statistics, identify trends and suggest improvement plans;
- Responsible for relevant QHSSE reporting to the management team and other stakeholders;
- Establish a strong safety culture throughout the organization and the vessels regarding safety and environmental impact, conducting safety-induction and training.
- Lead Risk reviews and risk management with applicable tools
Who are we looking for?
- Technical Nautical education, or BSc/MSc degree in or Science/Engineering with additional professional qualifications in QHSSE
- Experienced in shipping industry with at least 5 years of experience in QHSE of which 2 years in a managerial position;
- Strong knowledge of ISO standards, ISM, ISPS, MLC and other relevant Standards
- Experience with QHSSE Management Systems, Incidents Investigation, QHSSE Auditing Techniques and Risk Management;
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast moving, operational environment;
- Experienced in change management processes. Uses arguments to convince people.
- Is consequent and firm based on policies, rules and arguments, not based on authority
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed;
- Holding a positive and professional attitude within the work place environment;
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills in both French and English;
- Team player;
- Strong managerial skills.
Will you be our new colleague?
Are you excited to join our company and do you have what it takes to be our new QHSSE manager in France? Please apply via the Linkedin button and attach your motivation letter and CV for us.
After a CV-selection of the most suitable candidates for the job, an online or in-person - interview will be arranged. Hereafter the candidates will be invited to do an online assessment (The Predictive Index (PI) Cognitive test). At last the final selection will be made for the most suitable candidate who will then receive a job offer from us.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact us via +31 (0)88 03 20 900.
Apply for QHSSE Manager