Acta Marine is a maritime support provider with a versatile fleet of over 30 vessels. We operate globally; supporting clients working on coastal infrastructure and offshore energy projects. We work in a broad range of maritime sectors. DP Multicats, Crew Transfer Vessels, Multipurpose & Survey Vessels, and Barges – our fleet is capable of taking on a wide scope of jobs all around the globe.
Acta Marine is expanding and looking for Chief Mates to join our professional and dedicated crew to be deployed on our Multicats, Tugs and Shoalbuster on a variety of projects.
- An alternating and responsible position working on our support vessels around the globe;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- Good performance can eventually give you a permanent contract;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility;
- Good compensation package.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Second in command over vessel and crew and responsibility for safe, effective and efficient vessel operations during your shift;
- To maintain ships- and personnel administration (e.g. ships log, daily report);
- Checking and maintaining of safety and environmental regulations on board;
- Implementation and executing of the Acta Marine Management System and company policy, and the Standing Instructions;
- Maintains deck equipment and all project and rigging materials.
Who are we looking for?
- Certificate of competence 500GT / 3000GT / Maroff
- Experience with working on Multicats, Tugs, and Shoalbusters;
- Experience working with Marad is a pre;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Pro-active team player;
- Always looking for continuous improvement;
- Willing to collaborate with other nationalities;
- QHSSE ambassador.
Are you excited about our company, and do you think you are suitable for the position of Chief Mate? Please send your application via LinkedIn.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone +31 (0)88 03 20 900.