Acta Marine is growing!
Our Construction Support Vessels are DP2 Construction Support and Walk to Work Vessels work for prestigious clients in the Offshore Wind Industry. Acta Orion, built in 2015, Acta Auriga, built in 2018 have added great value to the industry, not only because of their high working capacity during winter time at the North Sea, but also due to our highly skilled and motivated crew. In April 2019 we are proud to add Acta Centaurus as the third vessel to our modern fleet.
Due to this expansion of our fleet, Acta Marine is looking for a high-caliber Electro-Technical Officer to join our team onboard our Construction Support Vessels.
As an ETO you are responsible to make sure that the assigned equipment is used in such a manner that optimal production is achieved in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
- A challenging and dynamic position onboard a state-of-the-art CSV.
- A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Ensure that all Electrical & Instrumentation systems, nautical instruments and Dynamic Positioning Systems on the assigned equipment are operational and contribute to an optimal production process.
- In consultation with the Chief Engineer, prepare, schedule and carry out maintenance work on the Electrical & Instrumentation systems and machinery on board.
- Ensure that acute technical problems on board are solved and carry out corrective maintenance activities with respect to the Electrical & Instrumentation systems and machines.
- Responsible for offering expertise and/or providing technical support to crew members operating the (auxiliary) equipment, and subcontracting companies during service jobs.
- Responsible for keeping and updating all technical documents and drawings with respect to the Electrical & Instrumentation systems and nautical instruments on board.
Who are we looking for?
- Secondary Vocational Education level+ of practical and intellectual ability (drive and control systems)
- Problems solving capabilities.
- All necessary professional courses, such as BOSIET, Survival at Sea, First Aid, High Voltage, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills / Experience with client personnel on board the vessel is a pro.
- QHSSE ambassador.
- Team player, striving towards the common goal.
- Quality focus & continuos improvement.
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft, DNVGL)
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electrical installations in the maritime and offshore industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with process instrumentation, with a specific specialization in the relevant technical aspects of DP vessels.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with direct current and alternating current machines and frequency regulators
- Knowledge of and experience with complex control systems based on distributed PLC networks and SCADA (relays, PLC) for nautical systems (hydraulics, pneumatics, diesel control and Alarm & Monitoring)
- Electric and Hydraulic knowledge and experience on deck equipment such as Deck cranes and Motion compensated gangway system.
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new ETO? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page.
Acta Marine is currently only hiring crew with Dutch Certificate of Competence.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Monica Milcoveanu at: email@example.com or T: +31 880320986.