IT Marine Support Engineer/ Location Rotterdam
Acta Marine seeks an excellent IT Marine Support Engineer to manage her Offshore Support Vessels around the globe. As an IT Marine Support Engineer you will be part of a highly engaged team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a result driven mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance.
This position is an unique opportunity for a pro-active individual who will support us in building a culture of operational excellence across our fleet.
Purpose of the position:
As IT Marine Support Engineer you will be responsible for the IT infrastructure and systems onboard and related to our Offshore Support Vessels. In this position you will coordinate the daily IT operation and IT changes related to our offshore support vessels.
For prospects you will determine the IT and communications requirements and advise our sales team with the best possible solution. For newly awarded projects you will identify the end customer needs and assists them during the mobilization and demobilization phase of the project with the installation of their IT and communication equipment onboard of our vessels.
Furthermore you will keep all stakeholders off- and onshore informed about IT related matters.
- The opportunity to become part of an ambitious team with a dedicated portfolio of vessels;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- An international work environment and the possibility to work at places where our vessels are deployed;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic business environment;
- Competitive compensation package.
- Coordinate daily IT operations between the vessel and IT suppliers;
- Monitor availability of IT infrastructure and communication systems;
- Monitor IT supplier service levels and assess supplier performance;
- Develop, implement and maintain IT governance and policies;
- Maintain IT documentation and CMBD;
- Create OPEX and CAPEX budgets;
- Determine client IT requirements;
- Provide guidance for clients during (de)mobilization of the vessels;
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system and key processes, reviewing system logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs;
- Documenting internal procedures and creates user guidelines/work instructions;
Who are we looking for:
- Minimal Bachelor degree in IT;
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of Virtualization Technologies, Networking and Security, WAN technologies, Windows Operating systems, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Microsoft Azure and Office 365;
- Good knowledge of IT Service Management and Project Management;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clear both in Dutch as well as in English.
- Communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Team player who can also work independently;
- A pro-active attitude;
- Hands on mentality;
- Eager learning mentality;
- Willing to travel.
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of IT Marine Support Engineer? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Mark Koenes, Manager IT, at: +3188 0320 900 or email@example.com
While we appreciate the offer of assistance, unfortunately Acta Marine does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Acta marine via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search/recruitment agreement will be deemed the sole property of Acta Marine, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Acta Marine.
Acta Marine is owner and operator of over forty different coastal and offshore support vessels. We support clients in the construction and dredging industry, the Offshore Oil & Gas and increasingly in the Offshore renewables and aquaculture markets. Our vessels operate primarily in Europe, The Middle-East, the Caspian Sea and Africa.
Acta Marine has extensive experience operating in coastal and shallow waters with a large fleet of DP multicats, tugs and support vessels, and is expanding its activities in Offshore Wind Farm construction and operational support with DP2 Walk to Work and Crew Transfer Vessels. Based on our solid track record and various maritime experience, we are committed to offer our clients the best and most effective solutions.
Acta Marine is a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook. Our Values: Collaboration, Accountability, Reliability and Expertise, govern how Acta Marine conducts business and engages with customers, colleagues, suppliers and the community.
By engaging highly motivated and qualified employees, Acta Marine maintains her position as leading operator of coastal and offshore support vessels. We offer opportunities to professionals with at least 3 years of working experience. Joining Acta Marine means becoming part of a highly ambitious team, in a company with an open and engaging company culture and lots of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Acta Marine has offices in Den Helder and Rotterdam.