Acta Marine seeks an HR assistant to join our office in Rotterdam.
As an HR assistant you will be part of a highly engaged team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a result driven mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance.
This position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic person who will support us in building a culture of operational excellence across our organization.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic business environment;
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook;
- An international working environment;
- Fulltime position (parttime can be considered for the right candidate);
- Competitive compensation package.
Purpose of the position
As an HR Assistant you will be responsible for providing timely and accurate administrative support to the HR team being a mix of recurring and ad-hoc activities. Furthermore you’re responsible for the employee lifecycle administration (contracts, etc.), illness reporting, benefits administration such as health insurance benefits and helping employees with standard questions and processes.
- responsible for all administrative HR tasks;
- actively seek and deliver continuous improvement through process and system efficiency;
- working closely with the external payroll provider and supply them with appropriate data and forms regarding processing new applications, salary and benefits adjustments and changes regarding personnel insurances;
- answers questions from management and employees regarding labor terms and other HR requests;
- registers, provides support and advice to the business in managing sickness absence in accordance with the sickness absence policy and the Dutch legislation. Additionally is the first point of contact for the external Health and Safety provider;
- monitors and maintains HR information systems;
- repares monthly recurring reports e.g. HR Dashboard and alerts if actions are required;
- monitors and reports to HR manager regarding excessive leave days;
- supports the HR department with a variety of HR (recurring) activities and projects;
Who we are looking for
- MBO+ or, HBO education preferably in HR/Personnel Management
- at least 2-3 years of relevant working experience preferably in an international environment;
- proven administrative experience;
- fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and in writing;
- solid knowledge of Dutch labor and ARBO legislation;
- understanding of how to work with confidential information and act with integrity;
- demonstrated capacity to handle several projects simultaneously;
- strong and creative MS Office skills, Excel in particular.
- accurate and attention to detail;
- strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment;
- good problem solving skills;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- service oriented;
- proactive attitude, offering assistance even when not asked and initiating improvements;
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of HR assistant? You can apply through our website using the application buttons. Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Jeroen de Jong, HR Officer, at: +3188 0320 900 or via email@example.com.