Acta Marine seeks an all-round Department Manager QHSSE to support Acta Marine in taking our QHSSE performance to a higher level and support our changing business environment.
The role is located at our Headquarters in Rotterdam and requires frequent travel to our office in Den Helder. In addition, travel is expected to our vessels, mainly in Europe.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a maritime/offshore QHSSE professional who has the ability and ambition to further engage our growing organization and fleet with respect to QHSSE and by doing so enhancing our platform for continuous improvement.
- A challenging and dynamic position in the maritime and offshore renewable industry
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook
- An international working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of Acta Marine and get a high degree of personal responsibility
- Competitive compensation package.
- Department responsible for the QHSSE Officers located in the Business Units at offices Den Helder and Rotterdam
- Further develop QHSSE as integral part of our organization and fleet worldwide and build on our platform for continuous improvement
- Advise, guide and liaise with Senior Management on the current and future needs to bring the QHSSE performance to higher level
- Liaise with operations and offshore vessel management on QHSSE matters
- Responsible for the set-up, implementation and monitoring of required Standards and Codes such as ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and the ISM Code
- Responsible for Acta’s Integrated Management System
- Go to person regarding QHSSE for external stakeholders such as Clients, Class Society and Flag State
- Drive cultural change throughout the organization and our fleet, set-up and conduct training in line with new legislation or changes to current legislation
- Responsible for QHSSE input for commercial tenders
- Act as DPA and CSO.
Who we are looking for
- BSc degree in Safety, Marine, Civil or Mechanical engineering; Nebosch, MVK or HVK - Affinity with the maritime/offshore industry
- At least 8 years of experience in QHSSE of which 3 to 5 years in a managerial position - Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISM, ISPS, MLC and other relevant Standards and Codes.
- Familiarity with HAZID, Bowtie and other risk assessment techniques
- Understanding of international HSE regulations applicable in the marine industry
- Open to travel to our fleet and clients worldwide.
- A team player with excellent organizational and managerial skills, able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast moving, operational environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate with the ability to engage people
- Experienced in change management processes
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Holding a positive and professional attitude within the work place environment
- Strong analytical, auditing and reporting skills.
- Demonstrating good language skills in both Dutch and English.
- Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, Excel, Visio).
Are you excited about our company and do you think you are suitable for the position of QHSSE Manager? Please apply via the form on this page.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Rick Bakker, HR Advisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: +31 6 51286935.